Saturday, October 29, 2011

2 More Awards! :-D

Okay, I am SO behind on awards! I was awarded two since the last time I got one, but just have had such a busy schedule (both my blogging schedule and my personal one) that I haven't had time till now to post about! Enjoy these posts and congrats to the bloggers who won the award from me. (And sorry I only had time to pick 10. If you didn't get it, I still think your blog is awesome! ;-)

~~~

This first one I got a while back, but am just now posting about it. Woopsie! Anywho! I got the Versatile Blogger award from Crystal, over at Just Another Book Lovin' Girl. Thanks a bunch, Crystal!!


And then this second award I got was given to me by Emily from Emily's Book Ratings. This award is the Tell Me About Yourself award. Coolio, eh?


In order to accept these awards, I have to follow three simple rules. (Both the awards had the same instructions, so that works for me!! ;-) Those rules are...

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Give the award to 15 other bloggers.

And the seven things about myself are:

I...
  1 - was homeschooled my whole life (Awesome Mama!)
  2 - am 19 and still do not have my liscense (Got a permit, but with 4 drivers in the family, there's realy no need for me to have one yet)
  3 - always have a book within arms reach! *wink*
  4 - love vacuuming the carpets. Its my favorite chore!
  5 - would rather spend the day in my room alone then running around doing stuff with others
  6 - love writing after everyone has gone to bed. I think my imagination comes alive in the quiet of the night!
  7 - can't remember what it's like not to have a new book waiting to be read. LOL!

Haha, okay, that was fun. Kinda random...but, there you have it! :-P And now, the bloggers who are getting the awards! 15 was a pretty high number, so I lowered it to 10 bloggers. Hope that's okay! Those bloggers are...

  1 - A Few More Pages
  2 - A Night's Dream of Books
  3 - A Passion For Pages
  4 - After All, Tomorrow is Another Day
  5 - Austenitis
  6 - Inspiring Daring
  7 - Maureen's Musings
  8 - Project Journal
  9 - Seasons of Humility
  10 - The Chronicles of His Swordmaiden

Congrats to all these bloggers. Y'all do a fabulous job with them. Keep up the great work and enjoy your awards!

9 comments:

Amber S. said...

Aww, thanks so much, Katie! And goodness gracious, we have a lot in common! ;) I still don't have my license either (I got my permit this past summer), I am surrounded by books, and I love spending the day alone in my room, too. :) Great to learn more about you!

~Amber

Katie McCurdy said...

Amber - You are very welcome! Haha, that's too funny (and cool)! Yeah, since we have so many drivers, there's been no need for another one. And the less we haveta pay for insurance, the better! ;-)

Haha, I know! I have books tucked into every nook and cranny in my room. And spending the day alone in my room is my favorite way to spend the afternoon! Gotta love it!

Maureen said...

Thank you so very much Katie....you are so sweet.
I've got books everywhere also!
Thank You and God Bless
Maureen

Rachelle said...

Katie,

Thanks for much for the awards (and for taking the time to run over to my blog and comment so I would know)! I'm honored...

To echo Amber, wow, what a great amount in common we have! I was homeschooled all my life, too. I'm 19 and I *just* got my license. :) I echo 3-7, too. Too cool! :)

Now off to explore the other blogs that won the award (what great names, all!). :)

Thanks again!

Rachelle

Maria Behar said...

Hi, Katie!!

Thank you so very much for these awards!! I really appreciate your thinking of me!! You're such a sweet person! I'm honored to be your friend!!!! YAY!!!

Hope you have a BLESSED Sunday, and an equally BLESSED week!!!

BIG HUGS!!!!! : )

Maria Behar said...

Oh, sorry...I almost forgot to comment on your random facts...

I'm just like you in two ways -- I, too, prefer to be in my room, well, in the house, really, rather than go out and do stuff. I'm married, though, so hubby is right there with me! We're usually on the computer at the same time, in the living room. I'll be blogging, and he'll be on Facebook or doing some other stuff on the computer. When he's not on the computer, he'll be playing video games!

If I'm not blogging, I'll go into our bedroom and read in bed. That's the best way for me to get REALLY lost in a book!!

Another thing I share with you is that I'm a night person. I love to read at night, usually in the living room, because hubby has usually already gone to bed. (Except for those times that I go to bed at the same time he does.)

Anyway, have a GREAT week!!!

Katie McCurdy said...

Maria - You are very welcome! I always love meeting people via my blog, and the discussions/talks we've had over books have been awesome!!!!

Haha, yeah, it seems to be the bookworms preference---time away from people. Maybe that's why we are such good bookworms. We prefer the company of books to people! :-P

I read a lot after I go to my room for the night. How considerate of you to read in the living room. My poor sister -- she hasta go to bed with the lamp light on nearly EVERY night, as I read WAY past her bedtime. :-P lol

Katy said...

Thank you Katie! Sorry I didn't come over sooner. I've been buried under a pile of things-to-be-graded and haven't been good about keeping up with my blog stuff the last couple of weeks. I really appreciate the awards though. Thank you for thinking of me! I'll try to get a post up about it sometime this month!

Katie McCurdy said...

Katy - Hey, no problem! You are very welcome. I always enjoy visiting your blog. Enjoy participating in getting the award--it's fun! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Enchanted Garden kit by Sussie M Design